NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to Carfax, Inc. ("Sponsor") and not to Facebook.
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to review photos for inappropriate content, and any photos that are excluded for reasons of inappropriate content will not be entered in the Sweepstakes.
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD. Sweepstakes begins 12:00 AM Eastern Time, January 27, 2012 and ends 11:59 PM Eastern Time, February 27, 2012 ("Sweepstakes Period").
- HOW TO ENTER: During the Sweepstakes Period, (a) use the provided form at http://blog.carfax.com/odometers to share your first name, email address, and photo, and press "Submit," AND (b) “Like” our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/carfax (if you have already “Liked” our Facebook page, it is not necessary to complete this step). No other method of entry will be accepted. Limit is one entry per person. If more than one entry is submitted, none will be eligible for the drawing. Entries that are altered, tampered with or incomplete are void. Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. In case of dispute about time of entry, the time-stamp on the submission will be the official clock for judging time of entry.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open to legal U.S. residents of the 50 states and the District of Columbia who have reached the age of 18 when the Sweepstakes begins. All Carfax employees and their respective advertising, promotion and judging agencies, and members of their respective immediate families and/or those living in the same household of each, are not eligible to enter these Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- RANDOM DRAWING/ODDS OF WINNING PRIZE: Thirty (30) winners will be selected by random drawing on or about March 1, 2012 from all eligible entries received by the end of the Sweepstakes Period (unless otherwise specified) by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all respects relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received. Winner will be notified by email after the drawing is held and directed on manner to redeem Sweepstakes prize. One or more alternative winners will be selected in the event the original winner cannot be located and qualified as required by these rules.
- PRIZE AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE ("ARV"): Thirty (30) prizes will be awarded. The prize is one (1) stuffed CAR FOX® push doll. Approximate Retail Value of prize is US $15.
- PRIZE CONDITIONS: All federal, state and local taxes on prize are the winner's sole responsibility. No prize substitution or cash equivalent of prize will be awarded for any reason. Prizes are not transferable, assignable or redeemable in cash.
- REQUIREMENT OF WINNER: By entering or accepting the prize in these Sweepstakes, each winner agrees to be bound by these Official Rules, and to conform to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. IF ANY POTENTIAL WINNER CANNOT BE CONTACTED AT THE EMAIL ADDRESS PROVIDED ON HIS OR HER ENTRY FORM WITHIN TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOURS AFTER SELECTION OF THE WINNER, THEN ANOTHER POTENTIAL WINNER WILL BE SELECTED. SPONSOR AND ITS AGENT WILL SEND A RELEASE OF LIABILITY, AFFIDAVIT OF ELIGIBILITY, AND, WHERE LAWFUL, A PUBLICITY CONSENT AGREEMENT. REFUSAL TO SIGN RELEASES OR RETURN OF PRIZE NOTIFICATION AS UNDELIVERABLE WILL ALSO RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION AND THE NEXT ALTERNATE WINNER WILL BE AWARDED THE PRIZE.
- GRANT OF PUBLICITY RIGHTS: By accepting and/or using prize, winner must agree to the use of their names, voices and/or likenesses for the purpose of advertising, trade, or promotion without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. If a selected potential winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize, or fails to timely return the completed releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate potential winner selected.
- RELEASE: Each winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its agents, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies and their respective parents and subsidiaries; and each of their respective directors, officers, members, attorneys, employees, and agents, from any damage, injury, death, loss or other liability that may arise from winner's acceptance or use of the prize from winner's participation in this promotion, or from the misuse or malfunction of the prize award.
- WINNER NAME: To receive the names of the prize winners, go to http://blog.carfax.com/odometers after March 1, 2012.
- SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Carfax, Inc., 5860 Trinity Parkway, Suite 600, Centreville, Virginia 20120.
- DECISIONS OF SPONSOR FINAL: By entering, each participant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any person or e-mail address that Sponsor determines to be in violation of any term contained in these Official Rules.
- LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY: Sponsor, its agents, and the employees, officers, directors, members, shareholders, agents, and representatives of Sponsor, its agents and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (i) incomplete, illegible, unintelligible entries, notices, releases, forms, affidavits, or other correspondence; (ii) any condition caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor, its agents, advertising, promotion, and/or fulfillment agencies that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted; (iii) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy, to the extent permitted by law; or (iv) any errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes.
- DISPUTES: Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States and the Commonwealth of Virginia. As a condition of participating in the Sweepstakes, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively, by arbitration, located in Fairfax County, Virginia. Arbitration shall proceed under the rules of the American Arbitration Association then in effect.