For those of you worried about odometer fraud, use our Free Odometer Rollback Check to be sure the car you’re about to buy has the correct mileage. You can also follow these tips to avoid purchasing a rolled-back vehicle:
- Check that the car’s wear and tear is consistent with the odometer reading.
- Ask the seller for service records and note the mileage on them.
- Buy from a recommended dealership or trusted seller.
- Be wary of “too good to be true” deals or overly-aggressive sellers who want a quick sale.
- Get a CARFAX Vehicle History Report from the seller or at CARFAX.com.
- Have a trusted mechanic thoroughly inspect the vehicle and check its computer.
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):